Sometimes you will get an [easyazon-link asin=”B0055DBLWI”]AutoCAD timeout[/easyazon-link]. This is usually the result of a slow network or your server is down. You receive the FLEX license manager error message:
A valid license could not be obtained by the server manager.
Let’s learn how to get rid of the network issues first!
As stated, the timeout is caused by a slow network or when trying to access your through a VPN or a slow dial up connection. The network bandwidth should be looked at and possibly increase to an acceptable level.
If you cannot increase the bandwidth or reduce latency then you have another option by increasing the environment variables in Windows at the client station to get rid of the Autocad network license timeout.
The steps to increase environment variables are located below, and get rid of this issue:
- Open the systems properties by either right clicking on my computer and selecting properties or by going to the system properties in the control panel.
- Once at the system properties dialog ox click the advanced tab.
- When you are at the advanced tab click on environment variables.
- Next, find the system variables tab in environment variables.
- Click the new variables box and enter: FLEXLM_TIMEOUT under name and then under value put 1000000 for the value.
- Click ok.
- And then click close.
- Launch AutoCAD and see if you can open your version.
Cad network license issue summary!
If AutoCAD opens then congratulations you have finally gotten rid of the license timeout, however If you still cannot obtain a one then you may need to increase the value by 1000000 increments until you can get the AutoCAD license from the server and fix the license timeout.
[easyazon-link asin=”B004AXA92M”]Learn more AutoCad with the Beginner to Advanced AutoCAD 2011 Training DVD – Tutorial. Discounted Bundle[/easyazon-link]
This applies to versions:
You should now be able to get rid of the network license timeout!
[easyazon-block asin=”B004RPWWEG” align=”center”]